Moncler Outlet Online movie

in Server discussion Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:53 am
by moncleronsanis • 11 Posts

He was the man who put the love in Eat, Pray, Love: the smart, sexy Brazilian importer Elizabeth Gilbert falls for at the end of her hugely popular 2006 memoir. But marry him? Not when it was the searing pain of divorce that led to that memoir, and its attendant soul-searching, in the first place. "We didn't want to jinx the good thing we had going," says Gilbert. Moncler Jackets "I thought the best talisman against divorce was never getting married."

So much for that idea. Gilbert, Moncler Outlet Online 40, wed in Frenchtown, N.J., where they run an antique and craft store filled with treasures from their travels. And Gilbert's new book, Committed: A Skeptic Makes Peace with Marriage, is all about the institution she once dreaded: its history as well as her own struggle to embrace it. Like Eat, has sold more than 7 million copies, inspired a Julia Roberts movie due this summer and transformed Gilbert into a kind of inner-peace exotic travel (Southeast Asia this time around) with self-discovery. "I could have gone to therapy," Gilbert says, laughing, "but the most efficient way I know to work through something is to write about it."

The topic was practically forced on her. Arriving at the Dallas/Fort Worth airport from Paris in April 2006, Gilbert and visits, and he could not return unless they married. "We were sentenced to wed," she says. So for the next 10 months, traveling with Jos茅 through Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and Indonesia while they waited for the necessary paperwork, she looked for anecdotal lessons about marriage in Asia and researched the history of matrimony in Western culture. Among her discoveries: America's 50 percent divorce rate doesn't take age into consideration. Teens and early twentysomethings who get married are two to three times more likely to divorce than people who wait. "It's reassuring how strong marriage tends to be when people get married later in life," says Gilbert. "It is not a game for the young."

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 22 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Christian Ringo
guest counter
Today were 22 guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 18670 topics and 20980 posts.
Visitor record: 119 users on Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:34 pm..