touchdown and two interceptions against eve

in Announcements Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:03 am
by fangxu0220 • 884 Posts

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. - Denver coach John Fox remained hospitalized Sunday as he awaits aortic valve replacement surgery in North Carolina. Fox spoke with Broncos executive vice-president John Elway by phone Sunday to discuss logistics during his absence, including who will serve as interim head coach. All signs point to defensive co-ordinator Jack Del Rio being that man, although team spokesman Patrick Smyth said that as of Sunday afternoon no decision had been made. Del Rio served as Jacksonvilles coach for nine seasons before joining Foxs staff last year. Fox also spoke with his captains, including Peyton Manning and Wesley Woodyard. The players and coaches return from their bye week Monday with team meetings scheduled for 8 a.m., although special teams players meets earlier in the morning. Their next game is Nov. 10 at San Diego. The 58-year-old Fox will have surgery in a few days and will miss several weeks while recuperating. Fox had been told earlier about his heart condition and was hoping to put off the operation until February. As part of his trip to North Carolina over the Broncos bye week, he met with his cardiologist in Raleigh and was told to seek medical attention immediately if he felt any discomfort. On Saturday, Fox became dizzy playing golf near his off-season home in Charlotte and was taken to a hospital, where tests revealed he couldnt wait any longer to have the surgery. At 7-1, the Broncos trail the Kansas City Chiefs (9-0) in their division, but theyre widely considered Super Bowl favourites in the AFC with a high-octane offence led by Manning and a star-studded defence that recently was bolstered by the return of All-Pro linebacker Von Miller from a suspension. Fox is in his third season as Broncos coach after a nine-year stint with the Carolina Panthers. Hes 107-88 overall, including 6-5 in the playoffs. In Denver, hes 29-14, including 20-5 since quarterback Mannings arrival. INDIANAPOLIS -- Teddy Bridgewater will spend the next 2 1/2 months trying to convince NFL scouts hes the No. 1 quarterback -- No. 1 player -- in this years draft. Tajh Boyd is just itching to show scouts hes still the quarterback they once thought he could be. Yes, the two college stars were on opposite ends of the spectrum at the combine. While Boyds draft stock has plummeted over the past four months, Bridgewaters confidence is booming as he appears to be locking himself into the top 10. "I feel that Im the best quarterback in this draft," he said at his weekends NFL scouting combine. "Im not just going to sit up here and say it, theres obviously actions that have to back up these words. Im just going to go out there and prove that Im the best guy." Scouts will have to wait to see if Bridgewater can live up to the boasts. He never planned to throw during Sundays workouts at Lucas Oil Stadium and also pulled out of the 40-yard dash one day after telling reporters he would run. But that hasnt hurt Bridgewater yet. He measured in at 6-foot-2, 214 pounds, good size for an NFL quarterback with room to even add a few more pounds. And despite questions about hand size, Bridgewaters completion percentage and touchdown passes continued to steadily increase each of the past three seasons at the same time his interception totals declined. Teams searching for a new franchise quarterback, such as Houston, which has the top pick in May, will spend these next 10 weeks trying to determine who to take in this three-man race -- Bridgewater, Blake Bortles or 2012 Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel. "I havent studied him (Bridgewater) enough, and coming from defence, I dont consider myself a quarterback expert," said Browns coach Mike Pettine, whose team also is looking at a quarterback at No. 4. "I know what good onnes look like, but as far as graduate level details, I will lean on the offensive staff.dddddddddddd" Boyd, however, has the tougher job -- reintroducing himself to scouts. Last fall, Boyd was a potential first-round draft choice. But after going 17 of 37 for 156 yards with only one touchdown and two interceptions against eventual national champion Florida State on national television, the perceptions changed. NFL teams started picking apart Boyds flaws, flaws that Boyd is still struggling to understand. "Coming into the season I was a top 15 pick supposedly," he said. "Now youre hearing this and that and nobody really knows. So Im just trying to come out here and do what I can. Honestly, I dont feel like theres a quarterback here better than me, so thats what I want to come out here and do." Sundays workout didnt help. Boyd was timed at 4.84 seconds in the 40-yard dash, finishing ahead of eight of the 16 quarterbacks who ran Sunday, and looked inaccurate during the throwing part of the workouts. Hell need a much better showing at Clemsons pro day to restore some of the lustre that was lost after he returned to school for his final college season. "I feel like Im maturing in every aspect of my game," Boyd said. "I feel like I went and did what I wanted to do. The big thing for me was making sure that I was ready for this transition." But for Bridgewater, theres more at stake -- a big contract, a chance to live out his lifelong dream of playing in the NFL and, of course, the opportunity to prove hes the No. 1 quarterback in the draft. "Theyve watched the film. Theyve studied who I am as a player," Bridgewater said. "But its all about getting in those (team interview) rooms and establishing a relationship as a person, and I feel that Ive been doing well doing that." cheap jerseys wholesale jerseys ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 31 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: nixonblaze
guest counter
Today were 31 guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 18750 topics and 21060 posts.
Visitor record: 119 users on Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:34 pm..