"I think all of the best teams have won their series,

in Announcements Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:24 am
by fangxu0220 • 884 Posts

Canadas Patrick Chan sits in second place in mens figure skating after a solid performance in his short program at the Winter Olympics in Sochi. One of his main rivals, Japanese skater Yuzuru Hanyu, sits just ahead of him in first place. Chan skated a largely clean routine, although he stumbled slightly in landing one of his triple axels a jump that CBC figure skating analyst Kurt Browning said is "not his favourite comfort jump." Chans score of 97.52 was only one point off his all-time personal best of 98.52 in the short. It was not enough to surpass Hanyu, however, who beat his own world record in the short program with a score of 101.45 today in the event. Chan is the world record holder in the long program, which starts tomorrow at 10 a.m. ET. Despite having been home to several prominent figure skaters over the years, no Canadian man has ever won the Olympic gold medal in figure skating. Spanish skater Javier Fernandez is in third place, atop a group of skaters bunched tightly together, with only four points separating third place from eighth. Plushenko retires Earlier in the day Evgeni Plushenko surprised the figure skating world by withdrawing during warm-ups to his short program because he injured himself while awkwardly landing a jump. He then went to the judges table before bowing to the crowd and leaving the ice, saying later it felt like "a knife in my back." "After the first triple axel I stepped out and felt terrible pain in my leg and the second one was just a terrible landing," Plushenko said. "I couldnt feel my legs after it." He later announced his retirement from competitive skating. "I am sorry for my fans and for everybody, but I tried till the end. I almost cried," he said. "This is not how I wanted to end my career. I am very disappointed. But I tried to do my best." Plushenko, a three-time medallist in the mens event, was a darkhorse for the podium this time around and the host countrys only representative in the event. Another Canadian skater, Kevin Reynolds, failed to land two jumps and hit the ice twice during his short program, scoring a 68.76. Thats well off his personal best in the event of 85.16. "It was a disaster out there," Reynolds said after he finished skating. "I lost it on the first jump and it just snowballed from there. The result is where Im sitting now. Its incredibly disappointing for me." Reynolds performance was good enough to make the cutoff to perform in the free skate tomorrow. With files from Olympic News Service Nike Air Max 2015 Mens Trainers . Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti says Bale received "a knock on his thigh and wont be available" for the match against third-division club Xativa Olimpic. Nike Roshe Run Print Trainers .com) - Ty Lawson scored 14 of his 22 points during a dominant third quarter, leading the Denver Nuggets to a 118-108 victory over the Sacramento Kings on Friday night. http://www.ukshoesaleoutlet.me.uk/air-max-90.html .J. -- Chip Kellys up-tempo offence didnt keep the New York Giants winless. Nike Roshe Run Sale Size 6 . The Grman clubs will make a "fundamental decision" after taking into consideration how the technology works at the upcoming Club World Cup in Morocco and the results of the systems used in England and the Netherlands, Bundesliga president Reinhard Rauball said on Thursday. Nike Roshe Run Flyknit Black . Could this be the first no-hitter in the New York Mets 51-season history? Then Dan Uggla worked out a 10-pitch walk, and Atlantas Freddie Freeman singled cleanly to right on the next pitch. MADRID, Spain -- Cristiano Ronaldo scored two goals as Real Madrid completed its Champions League last 16 thrashing of Schalke with a 3-1 victory on Tuesday. Madrid breezed into the quarterfinals after winning 9-2 on aggregate following its 6-1 first-leg victory in Germany. The Spanish leaders progress was never in doubt as coach Carlo Ancelotti rotated his squad, with Gareth Bale forced off the bench early when Madrid forward Jese Rodriguez injured his right knee two minutes in at the Santiago Bernabeu. Bale played a key role in the victory, feeding Ronaldo for the 21st-minute opener before Schalke defender Tim Hoogland equalized from a shot deflected beyond Iker Casillas. Ronaldo scored his 13th goal of the competition with an individual effort before Alvaro Morata struck Madrids third from Bales pass in the 75th. The victory extended Madrids unbeaten run to 31 games in all competitions ahead of Sundays Spanish league showdown with Barcelona. Also Tuesday, Chelsea beat Galatasaray 2-0 to reach the quarterfinals with a 3-1 aggregate victory, keeping alive the possibility of Madrid coming up against former coach Jose Mourinho. "I think all of the best teams have won their series, although there can be some surprises," Ancelotti said, with the quarterfinals draw coming on Friday. "Whoever we draw, its going to be difficult." Jese exited after Schalke defender Sead Kolasinac barged into the back of the Madrid winger, leaving him on the turf in visible pain. Ancellotti said Jese had ruptured his cruciate ligament, leaving him unlikely to return this season.dddddddddddd. Bale swiftly added to the attack as Morata threaded a ball onto his run into the area and the Welshman picked out the inrushing Ronaldo to beat Schalke goalkeeper Ralf Fahrmann. Madrids intensity soon slackened, and the visitors took advantage of the dip in the 31st as Julian Drexler started a break that eventually finished with Hooglands shot from outside the area deflecting off Sergio Ramos foot around goalie Iker Casillas. "The team reacted well, the performance was good," Schalke coach Jens Keller said through a translator. "But the minute Real Madrid has an opportunity, they can convert it into goal." Bale lost control at the halfway line in the 74th but Ronaldo skipped onto the loose ball and headed straight for Schalkes goal, twisting and turning defender Joel Matip before closing the run with a clinical finish from the edge of the area. Ronaldo didnt look done as he found the crossbar in the ensuing minute, with the rebound falling to Bale to unselfishly pass back for Morata to net after the Madrid striker had missed a number of early scoring chances. Ronaldo, who then found the post after that, moved within one goal of the record 14 scored by Lionel Messi of Barcelona and Jose Altafini of AC Milan in a single campaign of Europes top-tier competition. Ronaldo also equaled club great Ferenc Puskas mark of 242 goals with his brace. cheap jerseys wholesale jerseys ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 30 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: ewwFrederic
guest counter
Today were 30 guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 20636 topics and 23260 posts.
Visitor record: 119 users on Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:34 pm..