by protesters. Mutschke

in Announcements Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:06 am
by fangxu0220 • 884 Posts

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. - As promised, Danny Trevathan has snuffed the showboat in him after his humiliating gaffe in the NFL opener. He morphed into a standout linebacker in his second season and led the Broncos in tackles after his inauspicious debut in Denvers rout of the Ravens in September. Trevathan blamed excitement over his first career start for his premature celebration of a sure pick-6 of Joe Flacco when he flipped the football aside just before crossing the goal line. That decision left teammate Wesley Woodyard with an ankle injury and made Brandon Stokley the new Don Beebe. On the other hand, if Trevathan doesnt pull a Leon Lett, maybe Peyton Manning takes the rest of the night off and doesnt get a chance to make history with his seventh touchdown throw later on in Denvers 49-27 win. Trevathans miscalculation was reminiscent of Letts gaffe in the Super Bowl in 1993 when Dallas defensive lineman was returning a fumble for a score in the Cowboys 52-17 win over Buffalo. Beebe chased down a hotdogging Lett and knocked the ball loose just before he crossed the goal line. This time, as Woodyard casually bent down in the end zone to pick up the souvenir for Trevathan, who was celebrating a few feet away, an alert Stokley dived for the football and knocked it out of the back of the end zone. Instead of a touchdown, it was a touchback. Instead of hugs and high-fives, Trevathan got harangues from teammates and defensive co-ordinator Jack Del Rio, a former linebacker. "I promised myself I would never put my team in a place like that again," Trevathan said this week. "Ill make up for it. Ill do whatever Ive got to do. I promised those who were laughing at me, Im going to make them suffer. Im going to be here and grind it out, Im going to pick it off next time, do whatever Ive got to do to go ahead and get that off my back." Redemption came one month later in Dallas when Trevathan deked Tony Romo into throwing an interception at the Dallas 24 in the waning moments of a shootout, and it came just four days after he was carted off the practice field with a knee injury that at first had him fearing his playing days were over. Trevathan briefly thought about jumping up and trying to score. Remembering the Ravens game, he decided to just stay down, allowing Manning to come on and run out the clock until Matt Praters field goal won it 51-48 as time expired. That was one of many big plays for Trevathan, a sixth-round pick from Kentucky in 2012 who led Denver this season with 124 tackles and has a dozen more in the playoffs, where hes helped hold the Chargers to 65 yards rushing the Patriots to 64. Hell be a big part of Denvers designs to throttle Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch in the Super Bowl. And it all goes back to his big blunder in the opener. "Sometimes setbacks are setups for bigger things to come," coach John Fox said. "I think in his case, it was a learning experience." Trevathan worked his way into the starting lineup this summer when the Broncos moved Wesley Woodyard to middle linebacker and inserted Nate Irving on the strongside with star Von Miller having to sit out the first six games on a drug suspension. "Dannys got things that you cant coach. Hes got speed. Hes got instincts," linebackers coach Richard Smith said. "So, this gave us the opportunity to get more speed on the field." A shoulder stinger would eventually render Woodyard, a fellow Kentucky alum, a backup. "Even though hes not on the field, hes with me in my head all the time," Trevathan said. "Thats how Im going to carry him." Theres that maturity again, that growth that the Broncos believe will come in handy in the Super Bowl, where Trevathan can get the ultimate redemption. "Life is a game. Its ups and downs, highs and lows. But, you know, I like my lows and I like my highs because without my lows, I never know what my highs are," Trevathan said. "It was a rough, roller-coaster year but we pulled it together. Ive got a strong faith in God and Ive got a strong faith within my team. Were here now and weve just got to get this one more win." Timofey Mozgov Cavaliers Jersey . Now tied for second in the league in shootout goals, the 24-year-old likes to see what the opposing goaltender has in store before he ultimately lands on a move. LeBron James Finals Jersey .C. United to a 4-1 victory over short-handed FC Dallas on Saturday night. http://www.basketballcavaliersshop.com/Cavaliers-Tyrone-Hill-Finals-Jersey/ . Westermann met Dennis Diekmeiers cross with a right-footed volley to score from a central position in the 82nd minute, and Hamburg goalkeeper Rene Adler made a crucial save from Emre Can to protect the win in injury time. Kyrie Irving Swingman Jersey . Stosur extended her unbeaten run to eight matches by defeating Ana Ivanovic 7-5, 6-4, while Kuznetsova beat second-seeded Roberta Vinci 6-2, 6-3. Also, defending mens champion Andreas Seppi of Italy made it into his fifth semifinal of the season after Edouard Roger-Vasselin retired with a neck strain while trailing 5-2. Mike Miller Swingman Jersey . Michael Grabner knocked in a shot from the slot at 1:46 of overtime, giving the Islanders a 2-1 win over the Colorado Avalanche on Friday night.FLORIANOPOLIS, Brazil -- FIFA says it is concerned about security challenges during the World Cup in Brazil but isnt afraid of being targeted by public demonstrations expected in June. "FIFA is not coming now with less people. Instead, we are increasing our staff during the World Cup, obviously, and we are not hiding our brand," director of security Ralf Mutschke said on Thursday. "FIFA is not feeling as a target and we are not hiding ourselves or our symbol. We are proud to be here and to celebrate the World Cup." Footballs governing body was satisfied with the high level of security that will be provided by Brazilian authorities, said Mutschke, who guaranteed FIFA "is highly committed to ensuring the safety and security for fans, players and any other stakeholder involved in our event." Mutschke was at a workshop in the southern city of Florianopolis, where Brazilian officials made security presentations to representatives of all 32 teams, telling them and FIFA what to expect when they return in a few months. "It is pretty easy to be concerned about the fate of the World Cup when you are reading, for example, reportings on ongoing public demonstrations, the lamentable scenes of fan violence, the apprehension in regards to street crime, child prostitution or drug trafficking," Mutschke said. "There is no doubt about it, FIFA and the local organizing committee is condemning any form of violence. We just do not accept it." The fears of violence stem from last Junes protests that erupted around Brazil against corruption, poor public services and the billions of dollars being spent on the World Cup and 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro. Many of the complaints were against FIFA, and at the time one of its clearly marked buses was damaged by protesters. Mutschke said the demonstrations are not directly linked to FIFA and are about greater demands from Brazilian people.dddddddddddd "Obviously demonstrators took advantage that the World Cup and the whole world was looking to Brazil and they exploited the situation for all different reasons, as well as for the World Cup, for corruption, for spending too much money in the wrong direction and so on," he said. Protesters carrying banners saying "FIFA Go Away" were common last year, and were seen even on Wednesday when a few dozen demonstrators gathered outside the upscale resort which hosted the workshop. No matches were delayed during last years Confederations Cup, although protests raged near the stadiums. Police had to maintain a security ring around the stadiums that mostly kept protesters at bay, but on a few occasions groups did break through. "We saw during the Confederations Cup, when at one point we had one million people on the streets, that no match was interrupted, no fan was unable to get to a match and no team delegation faced any problems," said Andrei Rodrigues, one of the Brazilian governments officials in charge of security during major events. "It was a thorough test of public safety and it was considered a success." Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff said this week that Brazils armed forces could be called on to contain possible violent protests during the World Cup. Rodrigues reiterated that peaceful protests will not be prohibited at any point, but any acts of violence and vandalism will not be tolerated. Brazil is expected to use 150,000 professionals from security forces and armed forces during the World Cup. The total public investment in safety during the event is nearly $800 million, according to the justice ministry. cheap nfl jerseys Cheap nhl Jerseys ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 25 Guests are online.:
Close

We welcome our newest member: alphabetizes
guest counter
Today were 25 guests and 1 member online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 20731 topics and 23355 posts.
Visitor record: 119 users on Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:34 pm..