"He felt a little something. T

in Announcements Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:08 am
by fangxu0220 • 884 Posts

WINNIPEG - A former National Hockey League player who now sits on Winnipeg city council is facing an assault charge. Thomas Steen has not yet been formally charged, but turned himself into police and was released on a promise to appear. Fellow councillor Scott Fielding confirms a media report that Steen is alleged to have assaulted a woman he knows at a restaurant last week. Fielding says Steen is no longer sitting on the Winnipeg Police Board a civilian group that oversees the citys police force. Steen has not been available for comment, but has issued a one-line written statement in which he says he is quote "taking some time to deal with a private personal matter." Steen, who is 53, played 14 seasons as a forward with the Winnipeg Jets and retired in 1995. He was elected to Winnipeg city council in 2010. Police will only say that a 53-year-old man turned himself in Tuesday and is facing assault charges. There is no word yet on when Steen is to appear in court. Wholesale Jerseys . The Lions traded their fifth overall pick in the 2014 CFL Draft to the Ottawa Redblacks for QB Kevin Glenn. cheap nfl jerseys china . The third-year pro went shot for shot with Knicks star Carmelo Anthony down the stretch before nailing the most important one of the night. http://www.bizcheapjerseys.com/ . All he ever really cared about was making the Nittany Lions winners. OBrien succeeded against heavy odds, overcoming a lack of scholarships, a bowl ban, and player defections. Cheap Jerseys From China . CLEVELAND -- Kyrie Irving didnt need any reminders he was closing in on his first career triple double Friday night. He got plenty of help anyway. "I was trying to not think about it too much, but my teammates were hollering at me to get one more rebound, Coach (Mike) Brown was telling to get one more rebound, a couple of fans were yelling at me that I need one more," Irving said. Wholesale Jerseys from china . That would normally have the Padres heading for a loss, especially at Petco Park. Thanks, though, to big right-hander Tyson Ross and some timely hitting, the Padres beat the Tigers 5-1 to take two of three for their first series win this season.WASHINGTON -- As planned, the Boston Red Sox will have a new closer to open the season. It just wont be Andrew Bailey. The Red Sox announced Tuesday that Bailey will have surgery on his right thumb, likely ruling him out for most of the season. "I dont think it will be before the All-Star break -- is what the trainer told me," manager Bobby Valentine said when asked for a timetable for Baileys return. Both Bailey and ace Josh Beckett were in Cleveland to see Dr. Thomas Graham for second opinions on their respective thumb injuries. Beckett was deemed OK and remains scheduled to start Saturday at Detroit in Bostons second game of the season, but Bailey was diagnosed as needing an operation to reconstruct the ulnar collateral ligament. The surgery will be performed Wednesday. "Thats a tough break. He was sitting right next to me in spring this year, and the whole spring he was saying I feel really good, really good, and then something like that happens," said Clay Buchholz, who started Tuesdays 8-7 win over the Washington Nationals in Bostons final spring training game. "I think everybody in there feels for him. Hes going to play a big role on our team as soon as hes back, but its tough. Theres going to have to be a couple of guys on this team step up and fill some shoes, and its going to be big shoes to fill." The injury left Valentine scrambling for a Plan B to close out games. Candidates include Alfredo Aceves and Mark Melancon, but the manager said he wanted to keep his decision a secret heading into the three-game series against the Tigers. Aceves pitched a scoreless eighth against the Nationals on Tuesday and picked up the win. "The guys that youve seen in the bullpen are going to hold down the fort, and do a job to help us win a lot of games," Valentine said. "I think you saw Aceves there at the end; youll see him at the end of games. Melancon will be there at the end of games, for sure. ... Detroit will find out hopefully on Thursday, Saturday and Sunday." Valentine isnt sure how Baiiley was injured.ddddddddddddThe manager initially said it began bothering the closer during a game against Pittsburgh on March 21, but Valentine wasnt aware of it until Friday. Bailey travelled to Boston on Monday to have it checked out by Drs. Mark Belsky and Matthew Leibman before going to Cleveland. "When I talked to him before he left, he was unknowing," Valentine said. "He felt a little something. There really wasnt a defining moment, in the last conversation I had with him." Bailey was acquired in a December trade with Oakland to replace Jonathan Papelbon, who left in the off-season to sign a $50 million, four-year contract with Philadelphia. Bailey was also sidelined at the start of spring training when he strained a lat during the vertical leap portion of his entrance physical, but returned to pitch six innings in six Grapefruit League games, with an 0-1 record and a 4.50 ERA. Bailey also missed time with injuries each of the last two seasons. He began last year on the disabled list with the Athletics because of a strained right forearm, and in 2010 was sidelined with a right intercostal strain and later had right elbow surgery. Melancon pitched in nine games this spring, posting an 0-1 record with a 5.59 ERA. He had 20 saves last season with Houston. Aceves appeared in six Grapefruit League games, going 1-1 with three saves and a 5.21 ERA. He has four career saves over four major league seasons. Both Melancon and Aceves said they were unaware of Valentines plans for replacing Bailey. "Its very unfortunate," Melancon said. "But weve got a good bullpen and well be all right." Beckett also has a bothersome right thumb, but Valentine indicated Becketts visit with Graham was more of a precaution. Beckett had the thumb examined in Texas on Monday before going to Cleveland. "The good news for us is that their situations dont seem to be the same," Valentine said. "The bad news for us is that their situations arent the same. One seems to be a problem, and one seems not to be so." cheap nfl jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 21 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Marylee Jones
guest counter
Today were 21 guests online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 20462 topics and 22991 posts.
Visitor record: 119 users on Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:34 pm..